The Aim Higher program is possible because of sponsors who understand the importance of educating and inspiring students to reach for more. “AUI makes scientific breakthroughs possible, and a diverse STEM workforce is integral to this mission,” says Dr. Tim Spuck, Director of Education & Public Engagement. “Astronaut Stephanie Wilson is an exemplary figure and inspiration to young girls around the world. AUI is thrilled to partner in this event honoring a true American space hero.” More HERE
Is this an image of Halley’s comet from 1066 in New Mexico? Chaco Canyon is filled with astronomical mysteries. Learn more at:
Fahada Butte at the Chaco Canyon UNESCO World Heritage Site. Site of millenia old astronomical observatories. Moonrise HDR comp captured with a Sony a7iii and 50mm f/2.8.
Details at: http://astronomy.robpettengill.org/blog211009.html
Read More News
- Sian Proctor is the first African American woman to pilot a spacecraft. (Inspiration4)
- Aim Higher for Women in Space
- Nicolle Zellner was awarded the 2021 Carl Sagan Medal for Excellence in Public Communication in Planetary Science by the Division for Planetary Sciences of the AAS
- Inspiration4 ‘Go’ for First All-Civilian Orbital Mission to Space (by https://inspiration4.com/)
- One of our ACEAP Ambassador, Dr. Sian Proctor will join the First All-Civilian Space Crew!!!!
Office of Education and Public Engagement
Associated Universities, Inc.
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036-2252